Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Frostyfrolic

We had a task today to find synonyms and we came up with an alternative name for Coldplay: Frostyfrolic. :D So I decided to make a post about the Coldplay concert in Budapest, that took place in Papp László Budapest Sportaréna on the 23rd of September.

We took the 2pm train to Budapest because I wanted a good place and I got my wish: I stood in the second row. I got there around 5pm, the gates opened at 6:30, the first concert (Albert Hammond Jr - guitarist of The Strokes) started at 8pm, Coldplay took the stage at 9pm and the concert ended at 11pm.

The stage show was as superb as the band. Chris said some nice words and they had amazing surprises throughout the night. For example the butterfly rain during 'Lovers In Japan' or that time they performed 'The Scientist' in the middle of the rows of seats at the very back of the arena. My favourite song is 'Fix You' so that was the most special track for me at the concert.

As some of you may have heard today, a really good friend of mine, my former english teacher gave me a lift on the way back home but sadly we had some problems with finding our way so I finally got home at 3am. :D But I found the journey very pleasant. :D Ed was a bit freaked about getting lost. :)

All in all, it was an amazing experience and now here are some pictures I took with my mobile:
Albert Hammond Jr., Chris greeting us, two kind of visuals, the butterfly storm, one of the various backgrounds, Chris throwing his towel into the audience, my ticket and the butterflies I collected.







And here is the brand new official video of 'Lost', one of the best songs off their latest album.

Lost!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"Lovers in Japan" with the butterfly flurry must have been a specal moment of this great concert. Thanks for sharing your memories and snapshots!

Nóry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nóry said...

It must have been great! I wanted to go too but unfortunately I had some problems so I couldn't. :( 'Fix you' is one of my favourites and I think the best part of it is when in the end of the song the last lines are sung by the audience with Chris in the clip. I just love it!