Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I Owe You An

Explanation.

A few moths ago we had a discussion in class about people not having lives. I wanted to explain that since then. So the main idea is that not having a life is not necessarily bad in a sense. When I say I don't have a life, it means that I'm so passionate about something that it takes up all my free time and most of my non-free time too. So it doesn't mean anything emo-related depressive teenage angst, just that for example I love House so I could watch it all day long abandoning the rest of the world because it gives me joy. I don't see what's wrong with that.

I had to realise two things today: spring break is over and I won't see Nine Inch Nails probably for years or ever again live. Both of them gives me grief. Fortunately this semester I'm organised enough to have my exam period kind of sort of planned out in advance and I'm quite happy with it if I may say so. I hope there's no glitch in my plan.

I also heard that Amazon is boycotting gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender literature and they are trying to make it look like it's a system breakdown. Pathetic. Basically they erased the sales ranks of these books, thus not including them in their top lists and decreasing their sales big time. If you'd like to sign a petition against Amazon and would like some further reading in the topic, go here.

I basically did nothing in spring break BUT I watched the third season of Dexter and I have to say, you guys, this is THE BEST available TV show right now IN THE WORLD. Yes, it's better than House. If House wouldn't be broadcast on a national TV channel, that would be the best but this way it's Dexter. Basically the whole mentality of a national TV show is so different from that of a more daring, independent TV channel's programme, like Dexter, because it is based on the exploitation of the audience. The producers of House want to chain you to your TV set, no matter what but the producers of Dexter want to make something lasting and valuable and that difference can be felt and makes the latter more enjoyable. But House is still the best of the mass productions.

Speaking of House, it's 1:22am and at 2am the live broadcast starts from New York so I have to tune in soon. It'll be fun to get up at 8.

I just remembered that I actually went to the World Press thing in Pécs and I really liked it but it's very cold in the Cella Septichora Center and the photos are pretty depressing to add to the chilly mood. So don't take your girlfriend if you don't want a sobfest.

I'm listening to my LastFm radio channel and my favourite song by NOHA just came on! I'm going to see them live this summer! I'm going to Fishing On Orfű, Balaton Sound (Moby), Hegyalja (NOHA+Basement Jaxx) and Sziget festivals and though my heart breaks every time at the thought of not seeing NIN live this summer, it's still gonna be awesome.

I made a decision of starting to collect my favourite TV shows on DVD so I took the first steps and asked for the first season of Six Feet Under for my birthday which is pretty near now and I won't be able to concentrate on anything else until the 17th of May! I really love that show! After collecting all of Six Feet Under, I'll move on to House and then Dexter. But that is years away. Maybe I won't even be alive by then. :D Nah, I will be.

3 comments:

grotesque said...

Wonderful plans, you won't seem to be bored in the summer.
Your entry has made me feel like tributing my next entry to my summer plans. Thanks.:D

Kati said...

I am a Dr House fan too,and I also like Dexter as it makes me think a lot about jurisdiction.

Sir Gabrie said...

Nine Inch Nails... Actually I could see them,but it's a little bit problematic and expensive. My cousin is staying near to Kansas, and NIN will go there on the 27th of may.

(maybe you would enjoy listening to this band: www.myspace.com/mizantrop)