Monday, November 24, 2008

Movietalk

My comment on Dóri's blog is a whole post itself, lol. Yeah, I liked Highlander...

Anyways, I watched five movies during the weekend again! Yay! And not for class but for pure entertainment.

Tropic Thunder - give it a chance. I mean it. It's so deliciously vulgar. Cheap hilarity at its best.

Evan Almighty - seriously I can't believe how Steve Carell could give his name to this crock of crap but at least he's hot. And funny, just not in this movie. But it's still a heartwarming family comedy and Morgan Freeman plays God again. Who could argue with that?

Max Payne - that is one hot movie! I loved it! I don't know why all the critics brought it down. Yeah, okay, the beginning is a bit flat but if you ever played the game I think you won't be disappointed. Except that the movie kind of abandons the game's storyline. Lol.

Reservoir Dogs - as I expected, it became my favourite Tarantino movie. I like the ambiance that Tarantino starts to build his movies from, I just don't like the results in the end but he balances his personal taste and common sense in this movie perfectly. But I heard that this movies has excellent music and remarkable swearing in it and I couldn't detect those at all. The cast is one of the most spectacular I've ever seen. I heart Tim Roth and Michael Madsen. ^_^

X-Men 2. - I just realised I haven't seen this movie and the 3rd part either. That is a lethal mistake for someone who grew up on comics. I'll make up for that soon. Also this year the Wolverine movie comes out, which tells the story of my favourite character's origins.

The conference on Saturday was a drag... don't want to talk about it. Before that I slept over at a friend's place on Friday and I baked her tomato-mozzarella croissants and choco-coco cake. That was nice. :)

End term is near. I'm developing a dandy gastric ulcer. =/

No comments: